Professional Development Awards
Due to the virtual format of the meeting, OPAM 29 awarded five $200 professional development awards in place of travel awards. All OPAM presenters were eligible to be nominated for professional development awards.
Thank you to everyone who applied for the OPAM 29 Professional Development Awards! 2021’s winning submissions were from the following authors:
- Cristina Ceja (Northwestern University)
- Hong B. Nguyen (The New School)
- Joseph M. Saito (University of Toronto)
- Lindsay Santacroce (University of Houston)
- Duygu Yücel (Sabanci University)
Best Talk and Poster Awards
We are able to recognize the best research presented at OPAM, thanks to the generous sponsorship of Visual Cognition. All OPAM 29 presentations were judged by a panel of Associate and Consulting Editors from the Visual Cognition Editorial Board. The Best Talk winner received $300 and the Best Poster received $200.
Congratulations to the winners of OPAM 29’s Best Talk and Best Poster! In 2021, the winners were:
- Best Talk: Hong B. Nguyen (The New School), “May the force be against you: Better sensitivity to speed changes that appear to resist gravity”
- Best Poster: Caroline Dacus (University of Central Arkansas), “Interpreting sensation: Quantifying the bottleneck of information transfer between echolocation, vision, and haptic perception”