Conference submissions for OPAM 2017 are open!
Submissions are accepted until the deadline of July 15th (by 11:59 pm — any time zone of your choosing).
You can access our submission system by clicking here.
While preparing your submissions, please consult the following information carefully. Send any questions/comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- The online form for submission is located through the link above.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your submission. Due to inconsistencies in how email clients handle certain special characters, the confirmation email may contain scrambled/incorrect characters. Do not worry, the actual submission should have the correct text encoding and the submission reviewers will email you if there is any problem.
Please adhere to the following guidelines to maximize your chances for a successful submission:
- Individuals may be first author on only one submission
- Authors will have the choice to request evaluation for talk and/or poster format
- Each submission requires an abstract (max 100 words) and a summary (max 1000 words). Abstracts, when accepted, will be reprinted in our program book. Summaries will provide the basis for evaluation of the submissions.
- The word limit for the summary does not include references, however please do not include more than 5-10 references.
- Submissions must describe a scientific study in which data were obtained
- Detailed statistics are not required, but submissions must describe the study’s outcome
- Complete summaries will include discussion of research questions, hypotheses, methods, results, implications, and works cited
- One figure may be included with each submission:
- The figure must be contained in one file
- First author’s name must be placed at the top of the figure
- Figure captions are limited to 50 words each
- PDF or EPS format is preferred
Thanks to the enthusiasm of the community in presenting at OPAM, the conference has grown rapidly in recent years. In the event that the number of submitted abstracts exceeds our capacity estimates, OPAM will create a waiting list and make final decisions about acceptance of these wait-listed abstracts after we have confirmed our allowable poster space. In determining wait-listed submissions, we will consider status of the presenter, submission quality, and scope. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this process before submitting.
Submissions will be reviewed based on scientific merit, with preference given to submissions addressing issues related to object processing in terms of perception, attention, and memory.
- The final selection of presentations will be biased in favor of students and postdocs, as the goal of OPAM is to offer young researchers, who are not yet eligible to present at Psychonomics, a forum to present their research
- Submissions by undergraduate students are encouraged as well
- To ensure that we hear as many ideas as possible, greater priority for talk presentations will be assigned to authors who did not give talks in the previous year. However, we still strongly encourage submissions from those who gave talks (and posters) last year
New partnership with Visual Cognition
Visual Cognition has been a longtime supporter and sponsor of OPAM, and this year we are excited to announce a new step forward for OPAM submissions. In previous years, OPAM talk presenters were given the opportunity to publish their talk summaries in Visual Cognition. This year, submissions that are chosen for talk presentations will have the opportunity to submit their ultimate manuscripts through a fast-tracked and full peer-review process for publication at Visual Cognition. OPAM talks-turned-manuscripts will be expedited and guaranteed a 40-day turnaround from submission to initial decision (including full reviews). Furthermore, the editorial board at Visual Cognition are eager to mentor young trainees and will provide extra constructive feedback through the peer-review process. Publications that come out of this process will be highlighted as special OPAM papers. This OPAM–Visual Cognition publication opportunity is completely optional, and presenters are by no means obliged to submit to Visual Cognition; furthermore, ultimate acceptance of the submitted manuscript is not guaranteed. However, we sincerely hope that high-quality presentations that are submitted to OPAM and chosen for talks will take advantage of this unique opportunity!